Things You Should Know About Package Holidays
All the content shared in this article is for informational purposes only. In case of any disagreement, the provisions of the package holiday agreement will still apply.
Package holiday reservation
You can purchase your package holiday by completing the required steps found on www.turkishairlinesholidays.com. A unique reservation code for your specific booking will be created after you purchase a package holiday. You can use this code to do all transactions related to the package holiday. You will therefore need to keep this code until the end of your vacation.
A reservation code and confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address shared for your booking. Thus, we recommend you sharing an e-mail that you actively use when purchasing a package holiday.
After the package holiday purchase is complete, we will send you an email confirming your reservation. If you don’t receive this within 12 hours, please contact our interaction center at 0850 808 5849 and provide information with regards to your reservation.
Guests purchasing a package holiday can expect the following
You can purchase a package holiday not only for yourself but also for your friends and family. In such circumstances, we only make contact with the person who made the reservation. Therefore, we would like to remind you that the payments, changes and cancellation requests regarding the package holiday must be made by the same person.
You must enter the information for all guests, this needs to be done completely and correctly when making the reservation. We would like to state that you are responsible for all issues that may arise due to incorrect information and point out that you cannot claim any rights from Turkish Airlines Holidays.
Responsibilities of the reservation owner
The responsibilities of the reservation owner regarding the booking are as follows;
The reservation owner must be over 18 years of age at the time of purchase of the package holiday,
The reservation owner must obtain the approval of all persons named in the reservation,
The reservation owner must obtain permission or approval from the parents of persons under the age of 18 mentioned in the reservation,
The reservation owner must comply with the reservation conditions offered by Turkish Airlines Holidays,
The reservation owner must inform all persons named in the reservation about changes, cancellations and other details,
The reservation owner must make sure that the information of all persons named in the reservation is accurate,
The reservation owner must ensure that all persons named in the reservation comply with the rules as part of the package holidays,
The reservation owner must take financial responsibility for all transactions.
You may change your package holiday reservation at any time. Simply call our interaction center at 0850 808 5849. We would like to remind you that only the reservation owner can make changes regarding the reservation.
We want you to know that as Turkish Airlines Holidays, we take great care to meet your change requests, but we cannot guarantee that the changes you request will be made.
If your change request is confirmed, the package holiday fee is re-calculated on the reservation made. If this change is made up to 30 days before the travel date, the discount amount or the difference will be refunded. However, we do not issue any refunds if your trip is less than 30 days away.
Package holiday price
The fee paid at the time of booking for a package holiday is the total amount of the package. We do not require you to make any additional payments for the package holiday you purchased. It is however important to note that some destinations may require additional payments such as tourist or city tax. All of these payments are yours to take care of and pay for. You should know that we take great care to inform you about possible additional payments before your travel.
Services not included in the package holiday price
Visa services (We do not provide visa services)
All personal expenses,
Any insurances, excepting the compulsory package holiday Insurance. (Unless you specifically purchase all insurance)
Accommodation taxes, city taxes and similar taxes.
We do not provide counselling services on package holidays.
Package holiday price for children
Children are charged separately within the package holidays we offer. Therefore, we recommend that you enter the correct number of children and their ages to get accurate prices. When information about children is filled out, prices are calculated automatically for the child or children included.
Package holiday price change
In some special cases, the package holiday price may have to be changed. We make sure that the change does not exceed 5% (5 percent) of the package holiday price. In case of a price change, we will notify you about the change we have made in writing or by e-mail at least 20 days before the date of travel.
If the obligatory conditions listed below become true, we are obliged to change the package holiday prices.
- Abnormal changes in the exchange rate,
- Abnormal changes in fuel costs,
- Changes in taxes, duties, fees and similar legal obligations in places such as ports and airports to be visited during the package holiday.
Buying package holidays with foreign currency (non-Turkish currencies)
If you buy your package holiday with foreign currency, we take into account the foreign exchange sales rate applied by the Central Bank of the Republic of Türkiye on the date of the sale for the relevant currency.
Buying package holidays with a credit card
If you purchase your package holiday with a credit card, the entire sales transaction takes place between you and the bank to which the card is linked. For this reason, we do not accept any responsibility for your credit card transactions, if the payment is not fully or properly processed, or for any other problems you encounter. In case of such a dispute, we would like to remind you that you should solve this problem with your bank. For the purchases you make with a credit card, return and cancellation conditions of the banks of the card you are using are valid.
Things you should know about visas and passports
You may need documents such as a visa, passport, permit, health report when you purchase a package holiday abroad. As Turkish Airlines Holidays, we do not offer or provide any consultancy services for the preparation of visas or other official documents. Therefore, we would like to inform you that it is your responsibility to prepare the necessary documents and check their suitability during your international travels.
Features of a valid passport for package holidays abroad
The features that your passport should have when purchasing a package holiday abroad are as follows:
- Your passport must have an accepted validity period in the country you are travelling to. You can get information about passport validity periods from the page of the Republic of Türkiye Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the link. http://www.mfa.gov.tr/resmi.tr.mfa
- Your passport must comply with the new passport regulations and be chipped, nor should it be older than 10 years from the date of travel. You should be aware that passports older than ten years may not be accepted in the Schengen area, these passport holders may not be allowed to board the plane. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you renew your passport if it is older than 10 years.
- Your passport must not be torn, ripped, deformed or otherwise physically damaged. We recommend that you renew the worn, liquid damaged, torn and/or similar passports and - if the entry to the country you are travelling to depends on the visa requirement - complete the process of carrying the required visa in the new passport before your travel. Otherwise, you should know that you may encounter some problems at customs entry and exit points both in Türkiye and abroad.
- We recommend that you make sure that you do not misuse the number of entries and exits in your passport (single entry – double entry – multiple entries) and visas. We would like to remind you once again that the suitability of the passport and other documents you use in your travels is not our responsibility.
Visa usage for abroad package holidays
The visa validity dates in your passport must cover the travel dates and the additional period after the travel period determined according to the rules of the country you will travel to.
Your visa must not have expired.
We would like to remind you that you are obliged to follow the visa applications of the country or countries you will travel to within the scope of the package holiday even if you carry an additional passport, as in one other than the Republic of Türkiye.
Having a visa does not mean that you can enter the country and the passport police at the entrance of the country you are travelling to have the authority to prevent you from entering the country. In this case, we would like to emphasize that all responsibility is yours. Admission to the country you want to go to is entirely the decision of the official authorities of the country. Therefore, we would like to remind you once again that there is always a risk of not being accepted to the country you are travelling to.
When you purchase a package holiday, you must be present at the airport with valid travel documents (passport with valid visa or exemption for international flights, identity card for domestic or Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus flights) at least three (3) hours before international travel and at least two (2) hours before domestic travel.
After your arrival at the airport, in order for you to obtain the boarding pass indicating the departure gate, times, seat locations and complete the baggage procedures, you need to go to the airline counter with whom you will be travelling or perform an online check-in on the website of the relevant airline company. This needs to be done specified hours before the flight. We would like to remind you again that if you do not check in on time, and therefore cannot participate in a package holiday, it is entirely your responsibility.
Admission of children onto the flight
Children travelling without their parents or children accompanied by a single parent and/or do not have the same surname as their parents, cannot travel without a notarized permission document issued by their official guardian/parent. Children over the age of two must purchase a separate seat. However, children under the age of two can travel on their parent's lap.
It is extremely important that you make sure that the full and correct dates of birth of the children are entered when booking a package holiday. If the information you entered is incorrect or incomplete and if this is noticed during check-in, we would like to underline that the sanctions and rules of the relevant airline are valid.
By documenting that there is no harm in travelling by plane with a doctor's report our pregnant guests can purchase a package holiday. On the other hand, there are certain rules when travelling by plane for our pregnant guests. You can find detailed information about these rules here.
If there is no signed and stamped doctor's report with the phrase "There is no harm in travelling by plane" and received at the latest seven (7) days before the flight, we cannot accept our pregnant passengers up to 28 and 35 (including 35) weeks on the flight. We cannot accept passengers who are more than 35 weeks into pregnancy, under any circumstances. If the passenger is expecting twins, we apply this period as 28–32 (including 32) weeks.
Flight time change
The flight time you choose for a package holiday is not guaranteed and the relevant airline may change flight times and conditions. Our guests who have purchased a package holiday have agreed that they will not request any cancellation or refund due to these changes. We will take care to notify you of any changes that may occur during a package holiday as soon as possible after we receive notice of the change.
In order to avoid any misfortune, we recommend that you confirm the flight time of your package holiday flights by contacting us at least 48 hours before your flight.
Lost, stolen and damaged baggage
We apply the general conditions of passenger and baggage handling of the relevant airline and the national and international legislation rules to which the flight is subject regarding lost, stolen or damaged baggage.
Carrying pets on an airplane
We cannot carry pets in the aircraft cabin except for the trained and certified dogs of visually impaired passengers.
Special lift services
You should contact the relevant airline for special lift services.
Other details about flight ticket
You can keep track of the classes and other flight rules defined by the airline of your flight ticket with the help of the voucher flight details. In case of cancellation and return, the Termination of the package holiday Agreement is valid. We would like to remind you that the plane tickets you have purchased within the package holiday cannot be used alone without the package holiday.
Things You Should Know About Accommodation
Things to take consideration when entering the accommodation facility
We would like to remind you that if you do not present your identity document (ID card/passport) during check-in, the facility you will be staying at has the right not to accept you. Therefore, you must have a valid identity document or passport with you during your vacation.
You must notify the facility that you will be staying at if you will not be able to enter the facility at all or if you are going to check in late. If you do not share this information, your contract may be terminated and/or your reservation may be cancelled.
About our guests who are under 18
The facility where you will be staying may apply different prices for our guests between the ages of 0-17. You may have to pay an additional fee to our company due to the age difference if there is an inaccuracy in the information given at the time of booking for our child guests.
Accommodation for less than the reservation time
We are not able to refund you for the days you did not stay, such as leaving the facility early, staying less than the duration of your stay, or late check-in.
Additional expenditures during your stay at the accommodation
The facility you will be staying in may ask you for additional services of the hotel, mini bar or credit card information during or before check-in for any damages that may occur.
In accordance with the relevant legislation, the facility you are staying in may request an "accommodation tax" from you. In such a case, we would like to remind you that you are entirely responsible for this tax.
When purchasing a package holiday, it is possible to include a car rental service in your package. As Turkish Airlines Holidays, we are the intermediary between you and the company renting the vehicle. In other words, we bring you together with car rental companies. We only ensure that the car rental request is forwarded to the car hirer. We would like to underline that the rules in the car rental agreement that you will sign with the car rental company when you take the car during your package holiday are valid and that this agreement is valid for solving all the problems you may encounter regarding car rental.
When purchasing a package holiday, it is possible for you to include a transfer service in your package. As Turkish Airlines Holidays, we bring you together with transfer companies by acting as an intermediary between you and the transfer company.
Reminders about transfer service
- When the transfer date and time come, you must be ready for the transfer at the starting point. Likewise, the transfer company will make reasonable efforts to pick you up from the starting point on time. Possible delays and disruptions can be prevented by contacting the transfer company.
- The maximum time the transfer company can wait for you at the starting point of the transfer is 60 minutes. If you cannot reach the transfer starting point within this time, the transfer company may leave the transfer starting point.
- We would like to remind you that you should notify the transfer company of your medical problems, if you think they may affect the transfer, such as the need for wheelchair use or a similar disability.
- It is strictly forbidden to take actions that will endanger the safety of the vehicle occupants during the transfer. If such a situation occurs, the transfer company may immediately stop the transfer service. Alcohol cannot be used during the transfer and the transfer company has the right to refuse to transport you if it thinks you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you have bicycles, pets or other large-sized items other than your defined baggage allowance, or if you have excess baggage, you must inform the transfer company after booking. The transfer company may request an additional fee or may refuse to carry the said excess baggage.
- Children may be considered as passengers and may be required to use a separate seat in accordance with the applicable traffic and travel regulations of the country. If this happens, you may have to pay the full fee, but if applicable, the transfer company may offer a discount.
Delays and place guarantee
As Turkish Airlines Holidays, we are not responsible for delays that may occur in transportation vehicles that are provided by independent service providers.
Moreover, we do not guarantee a specific seat for our guests, unless the relevant carrier specifies otherwise.
Transfer of package holiday to another person
In cases where you cannot attend your package holiday, you can transfer your package holiday to a third party by documenting the situation and notifying us in writing or by e-mail at least seven days before the holiday starts.
In such a case, we would like to indicate that you and the person to whom you transferred your package holiday will be jointly responsible for the payment of the remaining balance and any additional costs arising from the transfer. (For instance: purchasing a new flight ticket, repurchasing the accommodation due to cancellation, etc.)
Termination of package holiday agreement
If you wish to cancel the package holiday contract unilaterally, you can inform us in writing or by e-mail.
If you inform us at least a month before the start of the package holiday, we will refund the amount you have paid without any deductions, excluding the costs arising from mandatory taxes, duties and similar legal obligations.
If you notify us that you want to terminate the package holiday less than 30 (thirty) days before the first flight time, we cannot refund the price you paid for the package holiday.
Cases of refunds for terminations made less than 30 days
If, as a result of an unforeseen situation, there are reasons that prevent you from being able to take the trip and use the package holiday, reasons like you are to stay in the hospital for more than 10 (ten) days and are documented by the hospital reports, this may be for any of the following reasons; serious accident, a serious illness that requires treatment, and death, you can terminate your contract even if it is less than 30 (thirty) days before the package holiday starts. When such a situation occurs, it is sufficient to notify us in writing or by e-mail. At your request, we will refund you the fee you have paid, without any deduction, within 14 (fourteen) days from the receipt of the notice of termination, except for the costs arising from legal obligations such as taxes and duties that must be paid, and the costs that can be paid and documented to third parties and are non-refundable. We would like to remark that in order to be able to refund the fee, you must prove the existence of the mandatory conditions listed in this article with a valid document to be obtained from governmental agencies.
Under which conditions are package holidays postponed?
The package holiday you purchased may be delayed due to some emergency, uncontrollable or unpredictable event. These events, called “force majeure”, can be listed as follows:
- Natural disasters or epidemics such as, but not limited to, earthquakes, fires, volcanic eruptions, floods, storms, hurricanes, fog, avalanches, lightning, mutation of existing epidemic diseases, epidemics caused by nuclear, chemical disasters and similar situations and emergencies without being limited to these,
- In cases of emergency that prevent international air, land and sea transportation in Türkiye, in Türkiye’s border neighbours or in the country/countries to be visited within the scope of the package holiday, at the border gates and/or in the country adjacent to the border gate, in cases of war or mobilization, civil commotions, acts of aggression or terrorism, sabotage, riots, occupation and civil war, revolution, insurrection, forced seizure, military coup or seizure of power, civil unrest, industrial disputes, government sanctions, embargo, strikes, lockouts, port closures or occupancy, including but not limited to, all kinds of emergency situations or situations that may detain employees from work.
All content on our website www.turkishairlinesholidays.com is for informational purposes only. Despite all our efforts and care to ensure that everything is correct, sometimes our website may contain incorrect or inaccurate information. In such cases containing erroneous information, especially the misinformation about price, we reserve the right for you to cancel the reservation by fully refunding the package holiday price you have paid.